Saturday 10 September 2011

Warriors of Chaos in 8th

I started playing WHF about 5 years ago and the WoC were my first army. I`ve used most of the units from the book but have never really put a proper list together. I have always gone in the way of making a army that looks good with alot of warriors, knights, and chariot. If you know anything about the WoC book that will tell you that when your on the field with an army like that then you are going to be out numbered 3 to 1.
The gaming group that I play with has started a escalation type campaign. This has given me a real good opportunity to really look at my army. We as a group have made the decision to start playing more competitive. If and when we get to our first tournament, I hope we are prepared. the Campaign started with a 500 pts then moves up in 500 pts block after everyone plays everyone else once. I went trough the first 500 pts battles very differently then I'm used to or thought It would be like, undefeated. after moving to the 1000 pts block I have one more game to play then we will move to 1500 pts.  I have learned a few very key things to help in my quest for victory. 1; read your hole book and make sure you know and understand your army. I don`t mean this in the way of the basic rules to your army but in the sense that you understand the rules around your army and when something happens in a match, you know what will happen to your army or how to counter it. 2; come to terms with it you are going to be out numbered. You need to look at the opponent and find out what units will fight what unit first, how they will fight, and who is going to support them. 3; And this one go`s to any WHF player. Look and count the points of the combat before you charge. I mean if you want to charge, count up the points in your head before you declare. + 1 for charge, +1 or +2 for flank and rear, Banners, And then you will know if you need to kill to many to win or if you need more support. I will go into greater detail at a later time but remember as a Chaos General you must always want to crush your  opponent. let him pay for the beers after the game...... 

1 comment: